The Supervision Office coordinates supervision placements and assigns a university supervisor to candidates pursuing a credential in the Multiple Subject and Single Subject Programs.
Applications to Supervision
- Multiple Subject (MS) Fieldwork/Student Teaching Application & Placement Request
- Single Subject (SS) Student Teaching Application & Placement Request
- Special Education (SE) Student Teaching Fieldwork Application & Placement Request
- Resident Teacher Evaluation Form
Applications are due by the census date of the quarter prior to starting fieldwork/supervision (EELB 315).
IMPORTANT: A fieldwork/student teaching application should not be submitted until the candidate has been fully admitted to the university, has been fully admitted to the teaching credential program, and has satisfied all prerequisite courses. For any questions, call 909-537-7400.
Census Dates for AY- 2016-2017
- Fall: October 12, 2016
- Winter: January 30, 2017
- Spring: April 21, 2017
Multiple Subject Program Information
SB 2042 Credential Candidates
Student Teaching Option
- May be completed at San Bernardino or at the Palm Desert Campus (PDC).
- Pre/Co-requisites, Phase I Coursework, Subject Matter Competency by exam (CSET) and all other conditions must be met prior to supervision.
- Placed with a qualified teacher in a school district within San Bernardino or Riverside Counties.
- Two quarters (10 weeks each) of Supervised Student Teaching. Placements will be made in two of the following grade levels: K-3, 4-6.
- All candidates have one assignment in a classroom in which at least 25% of the youngsters differ ethnically or culturally from the candidate.
- Multiple Subject BCLAD candidates are placed in designated bilingual classrooms.
- May be completed within 9 months of full-time attendance.
- Completed while employed by a partnership school district, teaching full-time in an appropriate Multiple Subject setting.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree, passed CBEST, met Subject Matter Competency (SMC) by exam, completed the U.S. Constitution requirement, had experience working with children, and met all program admission requirements.
- Teaching on an Intern Credential while completing coursework.
- Three quarters of Supervised Intern Teaching.
- Program length varies.
Observation & Evaluation Forms - Live Online
- Multiple Subject and Single Subject Evaluation Form
- Multiple Subject and Single Subject Observation Form
Single Subject Program Information
The Single Subject Credential Program at CSUSB is a state-approved and NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) accredited program. The program offers subject matter preparation for approved "Subject Matter Competency" in the following disciplines;
- Physical Education
- Science: Geosciences
Students who desire to verify subject matter competence in other content areas that are not listed above must provide evidence for successful passage of the California Subject Examination for Teacher (CSET) for their specific subject/content areas.
The CSU San Bernardino Single Subject Program offers a traditional student teaching option in either a three-quarter, full-time program (TRACK A) 48 quarter units. Or part-time track (TRACK B), five quarters, 48 quarter units. In addition, the program offers an intern option (TRACK C) in a six quarter, two year program 56 quarter units. Track A Student Teaching Option students are required not to work outside of class during second and third quarters of the program.
Internship applicants must complete intern program prerequisites (12 quarter units) prior to entering the internship program.
- ESEC 405 - Introduction to Secondary School Culture (4)
- ESEC 410 - Adolescent Development & Learning (4)
- ESEC 413 - Language Interaction in the Classroom (4)
Candidates interested in enrolling in the above courses or any courses in the program must be fully admitted into the university and credentialing program through submitting the Program Admissions File (PAF). The single subject credentialing program does require mandatory advisement which can be completed through attending one quarterly Single Subject Informational meetings offerings, or through meeting with a Single Subject advisor at 909-537-5650.
Observation & Evaluation Forms - Live Online
Special Education Student Teaching Program Information
Supervisor - Fieldwork Competency Evaluation Forms - Live Online
- ESPE 620A Fieldwork Competency Evaluation – Student Teaching
- ESPE 620B Fieldwork Competency Evaluation – Student Teaching
- ESPE 620C Fieldwork Competency Evaluation – Student Teaching
- ESPE 621A Fieldwork Competency Evaluation – Student Teaching
- ESPE 621B Fieldwork Competency Evaluation – Student Teaching
- ESPE 621C Fieldwork Competency Evaluation – Student Teaching
- ESPE 622A MMD Competency Evaluation Year 1 - Intern
- ESPE 662A MMD Competency Evaluation Year 2 - Intern
- ESPE 622B MSD Competency Evaluation Year 1 - Intern
- ESPE 622B MSD Competency Evaluation Year 2 - Intern
- ESPE 622C ESCE Competency Evaluation Year 1 - Intern
- ESPE 622C ESCE Competency Evaluation Year 2 - Intern
- ESPE Observation Form