Before you can be enter the ETEC program you must follow the appropriate procedures to be admitted to the university.
Briefly you must:
- have completed a four year college degree program at an accredited institutions with a 3.0 or above GPA in the last 60 semester or 90 quarter units. Students with 2.5 to 3.0 GPA may be admitted conditionally.
- have completed an admissions application online at Cal State Apply
- submit an application fee of $55.00
- submit one (1) copy of official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended.
The requirements for admission to the program include:
- admission to the university
- having a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 ("B") in all upper-division courses
- three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your work history or educational background. Please upload the letters to the CSU apply system as a part of your application package.
|Fall 2019||Winter 2020||Spring 2020||Fall 2020|
International Student Admission
- English requirement: TOEFL (iBT 79/80 or PBT 550), IELTS (General: 6.0 total band score / MBA, MPA and MSA: 6.5 total band score) taken within 2 years, or successful completion of level 6 of CSUSB English Language Program.
- English translation of non-English documents
- International online application: CSU Apply
- $55 application fee: credit card, check, or money order (Payable to CSUSB)
- Bank/financial statement
- Official transcripts sealed in an envelope by school
- Official proof of bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in its home country
- Copy of passport
- GPA requirement: Have attained a grade-point average of at least 2.5 in the last 90 quarter (60 semester units) units attempted
- For further information, please visit the Center for International Studies & Programs website.
Students who do not meet these criteria may be admitted as conditionally classified graduate students. Students admitted in this category may be changed to classified standing with approval of the College of Education. No more than 20 quarter units may be used to demonstrate fitness to complete the program.
For details, please refer to the Graduate Studies website.