Admission to the Program
- Post-baccalaureate standing;
- Interview with program coordinator of the MA in Education; Holistic and Integrative Education
Certificate Requirements (24 units)
- EDUC 611. Foundations of Integrative and Holistic Models of Education (4 units)
- EDUC 613. Integration and Meaning in Education (4 units)
- EDUC 615. Exploring Arts, Creativity and Sign Systems (4 units)
- EDUC 617. Exploring Integrative and Holistic Curriculum Theory (4 units)
- EDUC 619. Seminar in Holistic Education (4 units)
- EDUC 621. Assessment and Research: Holistic Perspectives (4 units)
Note: These six courses are taken with a cohort of educators over a two-year period (no summer courses).
This sequence of courses are the required program courses for the MA in Education, Holistic and Integrative Education. The courses are offered as a two-year sequence taken with a cohort of educators. The sequence provides a strong basis for the student to implement a holistic and integrative approach to education in their professional context. This certificate would be for students that either already have a MA in education or do not wish to complete the requirements for the MA program (e.g., 24 additional units), but are interested in implementing a holistic and integrative approach to education. The admission requirement of an interview helps insure that the potential student understands the program and is appropriate for entering the certificate program.