These are the additional courses (8 quarter units) required for the Master's degree in Educational Administration. A total of forty-five (45) quarter units are required for the MA degree.
- EADM 602 Research Methods in Educational Administration (4) OR
- EDUC 607 Introduction to Educational Research (4)
- A culminating experience, chosen from:
- EADM 692 Comprehensive Evaluation Class in Educational Administration (4)
- EADM 999 Comp Exam (CR/NC)
- EADM 699 Master's Thesis (4)
Students who elect to complete a thesis or the evaluation class with comp exam may include the units as part of the required 45 units. The Comprehensive Evaluation Class is designed to enable students to demonstrate their knowledge of the field of school administration. Students present a case study and prepare for the comprehensive examination This course is offered once each quarter and during summer session. The student may enroll in the evaluation class no earlier than the last quarter in which coursework is taken excluding one section of fieldwork. Approval to retake the evaluation class may be contingent upon completion of additional designated courses. Permission is required for these courses through the EADM program coordinator and Masters' program analysts in School Services.
Notes: Course requirements for the Masters Degree in Educational Administration include the completion of a minimum of 45 quarter units of acceptable work. Thirty-three units must be completed at California State University, San Bernardino and a minimum of 24 quarter units should be taken after a student has been advanced to candidacy (Step 5). NOTE: All students must satisfy the upper division writing requirement and be admitted to the program before the end of their first quarter.
For the Masters Degree, students must maintain a grade-point average of 3.0 ("B") in required courses and obtain grades of "C" or better in all courses in the program. These requirements must be met along with additional general requirements not cited but listed in the University Bulletin.
Registration and Payment of Fees
Students may register for classes after admission materials from Step 1 and Step 2 have been processed. Preparing your paperwork carefully helps speed the process.
- Register for classes by using MyCoyote. General program information as well as the Class Schedule and call numbers for each quarter are available from the Educational Administration program coordinator.
- Pay appropriate university fees each quarter, prior to the cut off date or add a $25 late fee. Call 909-537-7257 to verify fee. Always note your student identification number on payments to ensure proper credit to your account. Questions related to payments should be directed to the Bursar's office at (909) 537-7257.
Students attending any of the locations offering Educational Administration Classes may purchase their books in the following ways:
- Order textbooks online from the Coyote Bookstore approximately three weeks prior to the beginning of the quarter and ending one week before classes begin. You may pickup books on campus or have them shipped to your home. Payment needs to be made by one of the following credit cards: Visa, Master Card, or American Express (The Discover card is not accepted).
- Purchase books or have them mailed from the bookstore. Books can be purchased at the Coyote Bookstore located on campus. They also accept phone orders approximately two weeks prior to the quarter, call 909-537-5966. Payment for phone orders is by credit card only.