The College of Education offers a Masters of Arts in Education with the choice of several program options as well as several teaching credentials. Here is a list of the academic programs associated with the Department of Teacher Education & Foundations.
We are committed to providing excellent programs that prepare candidates for initial licensure to teach. We work closely with the more than 55 school districts in our expansive region to develop and implement teacher preparation programs for a wide range of school settings. The Teacher Education Credential Program is pleased to offer basic teacher preparation programs in:
- Multiple Subject - These programs license teachers for the elementary setting or multiple subject setting and include a bilingual (Spanish) option.
- Single Subject - Graduates of these programs are licensed to teach a specific content area to secondary students.
The College of Education also offers additional credential programs and or options in the M.A. in Education:
- Special Education - The Special Education Credential Program at California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) offers a graduate course of study that leads to a California Educational Specialist Credential and/or a Master's of Arts Degree. Students may choose to specialize in one of the following three authorization areas: Mild/Moderate Disabilities, Moderate/Severe Disabilities, or Early Childhood Special Education.
- Career & Technical Education - This credential is for those candidates seeking employment with a Regional Occupational Program (ROP), Public or Charter School or Correctional Institution. It also beneficial for persons teaching in a community college, private secondary or post-secondary environment.
- TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) - The M.A. in Education, TESOL Option is a program designed to meet the needs of English teachers in classrooms with English learners both in the United States and abroad. We offer specialization in K-12 education, adult ESL, program management, and college-level English teaching. Teaching English in California and around the world is a fast-growing profession.
Other programs include:
- Minor in Education
- Adaptive Physical Education Added Authorization
- Bilingual Education Added Authorization
- Gender and Sexuality Studies Program
All of our programs are accredited by the state of California. We are proud of our programs and of our graduates. We look forward to collaborating with you in your pursuit of a teaching credential.