The Department of Teacher Education & Foundations prepares candidates to become school teachers and to know and demonstrate the content, pedagogical, and professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to help all K–12 students grow and learn.
Our highly respected credential programs provide the training and experience needed to qualify for California’s multiple subject and single subject teaching credentials.
We invite you to explore our nationally accredited teaching programs. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you are interested in our programs. We look forward to working with you on your educational goals.
The Department of Teacher Education and Foundations engages with graduates and undergraduates at CSUSB as well as with community members to transform education to achieve equal opportunity for academic achievement; promotion of social justice and human rights; honor and respect for diversity; and creativity and joy in learning.
Who We Are & What We Do
The department chair provides academic and administrative leadership and facilitates the orderly conduct of the affairs of the department.
- Serve as the spokesperson for the department to the external community
- In conjunction with the faculty, initiate and supervise the department's activities and efforts in the recruiting and retention of students.
- Develop and maintain programs that meet accrediting and licensing
- Supervise arrangements for lectures and public events sponsored by the
- Allocate and managed departmental budget
- Manage FTES targets commensurate with resources, quality of
- instruction, and department
- Develop, in consultation with the faculty, an annual schedule of workload
- Exercise leadership in the recruiting and appointment of tenure - track faculty and staff personnel.
- Respond to students request for waiver of departmental regulations, independent study proposals, internships, and related special student concerns.
- Respond to student - initiated concerns and problems, as appropriate.